How you sleep and what you eat have a lot to do with your voice over work. You may not realize it, but once you start making these two health-related factors a priority, you’ll start to see how it can affect your business.
Why Sleep Is So Important
Sleeping enough can have amazing benefits. While living longer, reducing inflammation, and having a better memory are nice to have because of better sleep, they may not help you as much as you would like in your voice over business. The benefits of sleep that really matter to your work are:
- Creativity: When you sleep, your brain is able to process what happened the day before, and that means restructuring and reorganizing everything you’ve learned. This helps you conjure up ideas and skills you’ve learned the day before much quicker and easier, so you can really be a star at the mic.
- Performance: Have you ever stood in front of the mic and closed your eyes because you’re so tired? You won’t be able to perform your best if you’re exhausted. Better sleep will keep that from happening.
- Better Attention: Being distracted while recording can be frustrating, and keep you from getting your work done. You can help that from happening by getting a better night’s rest.
- Lower Stress: When you have a lot of projects to work on, you can get overwhelmed pretty quickly. Sleep calms your body, so you’re able to better deal with the overload. That way you can get through your work faster and produce better quality.
- Maintains Weight: A lack of sleep can make you want to eat more and make poor choices for the foods you do eat. Getting enough sleep helps you maintain your weight by giving you a clear frame of mind about your diet goals.
Diet and It’s Benefits to Your Voice Over Work
Sleeping is just one way to help you have a successful voice over business. Diet is another important one. Consider the following when you’re deciding if you should be better about what you eat.
- Eating healthy foods can improve your mood, according to Expert Fitness.org. When your mood is improved, you’ll be more motivated to work on your voice over projects. That motivation will help you do the best you can too.
- Healthy foods have the vitamins and nutrients you need to support your immune system. That means you may get sick less often, and you can prevent diseases. When you’re not ill, you can do your work quickly, easily, and produce quality for your clients.
- You’ll have more energy when you eat healthy foods. That energy can get you through those hours of work you’re doing to meet deadlines. It will also give you the fuel you need to market your business much more, so you can grow your business.
Sleep and Diet with Voice Over Work
As you can see, you can’t beat all of the benefits of eating and sleeping well. It may be difficult to get into the habit of it, but the long term effects are worth it. Start today by making better choices about what you eat and drink, and then tonight, try to get at least seven hours of sleep. You will thank yourself when you see how it positively affects your business.